Catalyst Mortgage is looking for an experienced Mortgage Loan Originator.
The Catalyst Mortgage team is about igniting a difference in the community. We fight for our client's best interests, speak the truth, operate with total transparency and deliver again and again. We do business differently than other lenders and that makes a big difference to our clients. If this sounds like an environment that you can thrive in, join us!
This position performs the origination of residential first mortgages with potential applicant(s), determination of applicant’s financial needs and promotion of mortgage products that meet those needs, in compliance with federal, state regulations and laws. The loan originator will explore all possible alternatives and make appropriate recommendations for products and services for the client; establish and maintain relationships with potential applicants and promote/solicit mortgage business; provide mortgage product education to prospective clients. Additionally, this person will manage the application process; transfer data/information taken from the applicant into appropriate information systems; provide required disclosures and in compliance with all related regulations and laws. Finally, this position requires the initiative to readily request initial and additional items for the loan processor in an expedited time frame to ensure smooth and speedy submissions/approvals.
Potential six figure income, benefits, family environment, schedule flexibility, and an amazing team atmosphere.
The ideal Mortgage Loan Originator candidate will:
- Possess a full range of knowledge and experience in first or second residential mortgage lending origination.
- Investigate and present relevant products and services to enhance the relationship with clients, educate with transparency and provide successful recommendations for a client’s mortgage needs.
- Manage the application process, including document collection as well as informing the client and maintaining compliance with all related regulations, laws and disclosures.
- Have excellent internal and external communications skills to work seamlessly with the internal team and clients.
- Maintain and manage a large pipeline of residential loans while meeting department turn-time and service commitments.
- Ensure all loan documentation is complete, accurate and verified.
- Prepare accurate loan disclosures and re-disclosures.
- Calculate income using pay stubs, W-2s, tax returns and/or other forms of financial information.
- Process, review and evaluate all loan documents including AUS, credit, asset statements, appraisals, title policies etc. prior to underwriter submission.
- Able to communicate and collaborate with third parties including title companies, underwriters, and insurance companies.
- Resolve conditions of underwriting and ensure compliance with underwriting guidelines.
- Regularly and effectively communicate items needed and loan status with loan officers and managers.
- Have an excellent sales and service orientation with strong organizational and communication skills is desired.
- A professional appearance, willingness to work flexible hours and availability to meet with applicants outside traditional working hours is necessary.
- Maintaining timeliness in all communication and document production and submission.
- Uphold a commitment to quality service and representing Catalyst Mortgage in a positive and professional manner.
- CA DBO NMLS MLO License or CA BRE NMLS or WA, FL, PA licensing
- Experience as a loan officer
- Ability to thrive in a high volume and fast paced environment
- Strong customer service skills with a genuine desire to help others
- Excellent time management skills with attention to detail
- Sales Background
- Genuine Customer Care/Concern
- Great Follow-Up/Follow-Through
- Excellent Communications
- Personable/Professional/Good Rapport Building
- Team Player
- Strong in a Fast-Paced Environment
- High school degree or higher
Catalyst Careers offer:
- Incredible growth opportunity
- Salaried position plus commission
- Potential six figure income
- Flexible schedule
- Family environment
- Amazing team atmosphere